Spicy Chicken And Prawn Balls
500g chicken breast mince
200g green prawn meat
1 spring onion, finely chopped
50g butter chicken Indian curry paste
2 tablespoons yogurt
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
» Sauce «
½ cup yogurt
¼ cup mango chutney
» Salad «
1 Spanish onion, very finely sliced
Juice 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garma masala
6 Qukes (mini cucumbers) cut into thin wedges
250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup snow peas, finely sliced
1 cup rocket leaves, torn
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 teaspoon curry leaves, finely chopped
¼ cup cashews, roughly chopped
- Preheat BBQ on a medium to high heat.
- Place chicken mince and prawn mince in a food processor, blend for 30 seconds to mix. Add spring onions, curry paste, yogurt and breadcrumbs, pulse to mix through. Allow mixture to sit for 15 minutes before cooking.
- Shape 1 tablespoon of mixture into balls and carefully place 5 on each skewer, place on a tray, the balls will be very soft but will become firm when cooked.
- Place Grillworx BBQ liner on the BBQ and carefully transfer the skewers on to the grill, cook for 3 mins, turn over and cook for a further 3 mins.
- For the sauce, mix yogurt and mango chutney together, if the chutney has large pieces roughly.
- For the salad, place onion, lemon juice, salt, sugar and garma masala in the bowl, toss through and squeeze the onion with your fingers. Allow to sit for 15 minutes and drain.
- Place qukes, tomatoes, snow peas, rocket leaves, chilli, and onions in a bowl, toss together to combine well, sprinkle with cashews. Place some sauce on the bottom of the plate top with salad and skewer.
Soak bamboo skewers in water to minimise burning.